I have had a number of enquires regarding the new Cisco SMB ‘Select’ Specialisation, what it is and the process for getting certified, so for those of you who are interested here is a quick guide.
Cisco SMB ‘Select’ Specialisation has been revised for those partners who wish to sell Cisco’s new Smart Business Communication System (SBCS) suit of products – which includes the UC500. In short a total of four exams must be passed:
- Foundation and Security for AM
- Foundation and Security for Engineer
- SBCS for Account Manager
- SBCS for Engineer
Cisco’s rational behind this training is to first of all make sure their partners have the foundation competencies to recommend, install and implement and voice and UC solution and also to offer specialisation training which does not require a heavy investment from the channel. Training has been divided into two streams, account manager and engineer (however a single person can do both) and will be available on Cisco’s Partner E-Learning Connection (PEC) on August 1st, 2007. The four training modules will take approximately Estimated 29 hours to complete and online each exam will cost US$20. All four exams will be available as online exams which will replace the current Proctored Exams. This means partners do not need to book these exams through Cisco’s testing vendors. Partners can simply click on the exams from the PEC website to register.
Partners that want to resell SBCS/UC500 products must pass all four exams as stated above. They must then apply for SMB Specialisation via Cisco’s Certification and Specialisation application tool (http://tools.cisco.com/WWChannels/cpapp/index.jsp).
Partners are only eligible to sell SBCS products once their application has been approved by Cisco. PEC (CCO login required): www.cisco.com/go/pec After logging in into PEC, partners can use this URL to get to the SMB training: http://cisco.partnerelearning.com/peclms/lang-en/management/TAX_NodeDetails.asp?RootNodeID=-1&UserMode=0&Action=show&NodeID=70
Points to remember:
- Cisco SMB ‘Select’ Specialisation will be available on Cisco’s Partner E-Learning Connection (PEC) on August 1st, 2007.
- Four exams must be passed. Two (2) exams each for account manager and engineer, however one person can do all four (4) and each exam will cost US$20.
- Registered Partners – once their SMB Specialisation is approved, they should apply for ‘Select’ Certification.
- Premier certified partners that choose to be SMB Specialised, do not need to apply for Select Certification (because the higher certification level will apply).
- Partners that are already specialised in Advanced UC & Express UC can resell SBCS/UC500. If you need support with regards to the application process – you can call Cisco’s Partner Relationship Team on 1800 612 452.